Usability Test Methods
The test included the following components:
- Description of Test Procedure
- Pre-Test Questionnaire
- Task Based Scenarios
- Post-Test Questionnaire
Participants completed a brief questionnaire on their physical abilities, general use of technology and use of technology in health related tasks. Details are provided with the participant demographics.
Task Based Scenarios
Participants were presented with text describing the background and goal for each of the five scenarios. Participants were asked to perform each task at their own pace and the following metrics were recorded:
- Task Completion
- Critical Errors
- Usability errors preventing task completion including participant requiring assistance
- Accessibility errors preventing task completion including participant requiring assistance
- Non-Critical Errors
- Usability errors that either caused confusion or some deviation from the task, but were recoverable
- Accessibility errors that either caused confusion or some deviation from the task, but were recoverable
- Time on Task
- After each scenario participants completed a brief questionnaire rating the system on various attributes covering usability, accessibility and functionality
- All ratings used a 7 point Likert scale where responses at 5-7 are considered positive.
- Participant comments and discussion
After all scenarios were complete, participants completed a post-test questionnaire where they rated the overall system on a number of attributes.
Previous Section: Executive Summary | Next Section: Participants